I hope you are surviving in this difficult time and finding joy with family and friends however possible. As for me, I have been preparing to dive into a Tales From the Loop campaign with my new favorite character and embracing Christmas songs. I have also been concocting a way to raise more money for suicide prevention and clear out some space in my gaming closet.
Several years ago I teamed up with Limitless Adventures to publish No Assembly Required, a collection of 10 highly-detailed monster characters that could be used in 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons. The PDF continues to be sold for $5 and ALL of the money goes directly to American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. You can see that we have raised nearly $4,000 since starting this endeavor in honor of my brother who ended his life in 2017.
No Assembly Required is still on sale and everyone that purchases a copy of the book between December 21st and December 24th of 2020 will be entering into a drawing to win ALL of the following:
That’s right, one lucky individual that already gets a holiday, feel-good boost from donating money for suicide prevention will win:
- Acquisitions Incorporated by Wizards of the Coast
- Xanathar’s Guide to Everything (alternate cover) by Wizards of the Coast
- Tomb of Annihilation by Wizards of the Coast
- Dungeonology by Matt Forbeck
- The Monster’s Know What They’re Doing: Combat Tactics for Dungeon Masters by Keith Ammann
- The World of Critical Role: The History Behind the Epic Fantasy by Liz Marsham & The Cast of Critical Role
- 5th Evolution Campaign Settings (Superhero, Horror, World War II) by Limitless Adventures
- Limitless Encounters Vol. 1 Hardcover (not pictured) by Limitless Adventures
- The Id DM dice bag by Dragon Chow Dice Bags
The books retail for nearly $200 combined plus you get a sweet dice bag! My hope is that we’ll raise more money for AFSP than it costs to ship everything to the eventual winner who will be selected on December 25th – CHRISTMAS!
If you purchase No Assembly Required, then at the very least you’ll have donated $5 to help prevent suicide AND get access to 10 vibrant and interesting monster characters that were conceptualized by me, illustrated wonderfully by Grant Gould, and brought to life in 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons by Limitless Adventures.
Please consider entering the contest and spreading the word (although I realize spreading the word dilutes your chances of winning; it’s the holiday season – help us out!)